TikTok is one of the most popular social media apps, boasting more than 1 billion monthly active users. Such a large database of users means you can enjoy content from a wide variety of people unless they have blocked you.
Like most other social media platforms, you won’t be notified if someone blocked you on TikTok, but there are ways to find out.
How you can tell if someone blocked you on TikTok
Here are a few things you can do to check if someone has blocked you on TikTok.
Search following for your username
One of the easiest ways to check if someone blocked you on TikTok is to search your “Following” list.
- Open the app, visit your profile and click on Following.
- Now search the username of the person you think might have blocked you.
- If you don’t see their name but know for sure they were following you, the person might have blocked you on TikTok.
Search username in Discover
If you’re not sure if the person was following you on TikTok, you can see if they blocked you by searching for their username in the Discover tab.
- Just type their name in the search bar at the top and see if their account pops up.
- If they have an active TikTok account but you can’t see it, they may have blocked you.
Check messages and comments
Another way to see if someone has blocked you on TikTok is to check your notifications.
- Open the TikTok app and click on the notifications tab at the bottom.
- Scroll down to any comment or mention you may have made on their video.
- Tap on the post to see if it’s visible to you.
- If it’s not visible, the person may have blocked you.
Try to follow them
Another easy way to check if someone has blocked you on TikTok is to try and follow them.
- Search for their name in the Discover tab.
- Tap on their profile or click the follow button.
- If you get a message saying “you can’t follow this person,” they may have blocked you on TikTok.
Check using a friend’s account
If you have a trusted friend or relative, you can check if someone has blocked you on TikTok using their account.
- Open the TikTok app on your friend’s phone.
- Search the username of the person who you think may have blocked you.
- Try to follow them.
- If the profile is visible and you’re able to follow them via your friend’s account but not with your own account, the person may have blocked you on TikTok.