If you’re wondering how to see who saved your Instagram posts, we have bad news: to protect the privacy of individual users, there’s no way to figure this out directly. One workaround is to ask your followers, the steps of which we’ll detail below.
An alternative for getting more in-depth analytics on who has engaged with your content is to sign up for a business or creator account, which will unlock Instagram Insights. We’ll also detail below the steps for switching from your personal Instagram account to a creator or business Instagram account.
How to ask your followers if they’ve saved your Instagram posts
One way to find out who saved your Instagram post is to ask directly using your Instagram Stories. This probably won’t get you the most accurate response because it assumes the followers who are saving your posts are also seeing your Stories and, more importantly, willing to interact with them. But it could at least give you a rough idea.
Here’s how to ask your followers if they’ve saved your Instagram posts:
- From your Instagram profile, go to the post you want information on.
- Tap the paper plane icon and select Add post to your story.
- Once in the Stories editor, you have several options to engage with your followers, either through a sticker or typed text.
- To use a sticker, tap the smiley icon at the top of the screen. You can select Questions and type in something like, “Did you save this post?” Followers can respond using the question box.
- Alternatively, you can select Poll and ask, “Did you save this post?” Followers can respond by tapping Yes or No.
- The third option is to simply overlay text asking who saved the post and request that your followers respond to the story.
- When you’re ready to publish, hit the Send To button to add it to your Stories.
How to switch from a personal account to a business/creator account on Instagram
Instagram does offer more detailed information about follower engagement to users with a business or creator account. Users with this type of account get access to Instagram Insights, which shows you how your content performs with your followers. For example, you can see how many likes, comments, shares and saves you got on a certain post or story.
There’s no charge or verification required to change account types. Here’s how to switch from a personal account to a business/creator account on Instagram:
Go to your Profile in the Instagram app and tap the three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner.
Tap Settings in the pop-up menu.
Select Account from the list.
Scroll down and tap Switch to Professional Account.
Select the category that best describes your account and content, such as a coach, artist or digital creator. Hit Done and tap OK to confirm.
Select whether you want a business (retailers, service providers and organizations fall into this category) or creator account and hit Next.
From here, you can do some additional customization, such as updating contact information or connecting a Facebook profile. Or you can tap the X to return to your profile page and explore Instagram Insights. Note that switching back to a personal account or between a creator and business account is easily done by following the same steps.