Maybe you’re not having a lot of luck finding suitable dates on Match.com, or you’re simply overwhelmed by the sheer number of other dating apps out there. Perhaps you’ve found “the one” (congrats!).
Whatever your reason is, you don’t have to keep your Match account. Let’s take a look at how to delete your Match account so you can move on with more important matters.
How to delete your Match account
Deleting your Match account completely requires that you log into your account using a computer instead of your smartphone.
To disable your account, you’ll need to do the following:
- Log into your account.
- Cancel paid subscriptions by going to “Manage Subscription” and click “Cancel Subscription.”
- Before confirming your selection, you’ll be asked to enter your password.
- Choose a reason you’re canceling your subscription and click “Continue Cancellation.”
- You’ll be directed to a confirmation page that shows you your username and the date you canceled your subscription.
- Once you’ve canceled your paid subscription, click on the profile tab.
- Head to the settings tab by clicking on the gear icon at the right top corner of the screen.
- Click “Manage Subscription.”
- Click “Remove Profile and Cancel Membership.”
That’s it! Your account is now deleted. Your profile is no longer visible to existing users and you’ll receive an email confirming you deleted the account. If you want to log back in, you can do so and reactivate your account—Match.com will permanently delete your account if you haven’t logged in for two years.
For users who want to delete their Match account using the Android or iOS app, you can only hide your profile and update your subscription settings. If you’re fine with that, then you’ll need to do the following:
- Launch the Match app.
- Tap the menu icon (the three lines at the top left corner).
- Tap “Settings” then “Profile Visibility.”
- Choose the hidden option so your profile can no longer be seen.
- Click “Account” after tapping in the menu button again to cancel your subscription.
- Click “Cancel” then “Yes” to confirm your decision.
These settings will only hide your profile and cancel your paying subscription. Remember, if you want to delete your profile, you’ll need to do so through your computer.
One note: It may take a bit of time for your account to disappear—if you’re in a hurry for your contacts and pictures to disappear, you can manually delete that information before going through the formal account deletion process.
Match.com will ask you for feedback about their services before you permanently delete your account. You can tell them about your experience with the website and provide the reason you want to delete your account. Of course, it’s up to you whether you want to provide a reason. Otherwise, you’re done.