EHarmony is one of many online dating websites that works to help you connect with the best matches based on your personality and preferences. Hopefully after signing up with an account you’ve had good experiences—and maybe you’ve already found “the one.”
Whatever your experience, at some point you’ll want to learn how to delete your eHarmony account if you’re not interested in paying for a service that you’re not going to use (or have your current partner wonder why you’re still shopping around).
Let’s take a look at how you can do so, and some reasons why you might not be able to delete your eHarmony profile.
How to cancel your eHarmony account subscription
Before being able to delete your account, you’ll need to cancel your subscription online or through iTunes.
Let’s go over how to cancel your subscription online:
- Log into your eHarmony account.
- Once logged in, click on your profile photo (you’ll see it near the very top of the screen smack dab in the middle).
- Select “Data & Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Amend subscription” once you’re in the settings page (you’ll be asked to re-enter your password for verification purposes).
- Scroll down and find the “Subscription Status” section. This is where you’ll be able to see when your last payment was to eHarmony, your subscription tier and current subscription expiration date.
- In this section, select the button that says “Cancel My Subscription.”
How to cancel your eHarmony account on iTunes
If you’re using your eHarmony account on your mobile device through iTunes, then you’ll need to cancel your subscription differently. You’ll need to deal with your account through your Apple ID account instead of managing your subscription.
Here’s how you delete an eHarmony account through iTunes:
- Tap “Settings” on your iOS device.
- Tap “iTunes” then “App Store.”
- Head to your Apple ID (you can tap it at the top of the screen) and then choose “View Apple ID” from the pop-up box.
- Enter your Apple ID password if you’re not already signed in.
- Tap “Subscriptions” or “Manage Subscriptions” (they’re the same; it just depends on which iOS software version you have).
- Scroll through the list and tap “eHarmony.”
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Cancel Subscription,” then confirm you want to cancel your eHarmony subscription.
Keep in mind all this does is turn off the automatic subscription renewal feature for your current subscription. That means if you have additional payments in your current subscription, you’ll still need to pay them. Once your subscription period ends, you can then move on to deleting your account.
How to delete your eHarmony account
Before deleting your account, think carefully if this is what you want to do. After you delete your profile, your information is permanently gone (including messages, photos, matches and other types of information), and you can’t restore it.
If you’re not sure whether it’s the right time to delete your account but aren’t interested in using eHarmony for now, you can simply hide your profile. To do so, head to the “Data & Settings” section after logging in to your account. You can then click on the green slider under the “Profile Visibility” section.
You’ll know that your profile won’t be visible to others when you see a banner on the top of your account page indicating your profile is invisible. However, members you’ve already contacted or people who have already added you to their favorites will still be able to see your profile.
If you’ve decided to delete your eHarmony account permanently, here’s how you do it:
- Log into your account online.
- Click on “Data & Settings” from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to the “Profile Status” section and click the link that says: "To permanently delete your profile, click here."
- You’ll need to scroll down to confirm you want to permanently delete your profile and personal data by entering your password one last time.
Remember, you won’t be able to restore your data or profile once you’ve permanently deleted your eHarmony account.
Why can’t I delete my eHarmony account?
The main reason you won’t be able to delete your account is because your current eHarmony subscription hasn’t expired. Just because you canceled your subscription doesn’t mean it isn’t active—all you’ve done is stopped your subscription from renewing automatically. In this case, you’ll need to wait until your subscription runs out—set a reminder if you have to—then you can permanently delete your profile.
Another reason could be that you haven’t made a successful payment for a current or previous subscription. Since you can pay for them in installments, you’re still responsible for them even if you decide to cancel your auto-renewal feature.
If you’re unsure why you’re having issues (or it’s because of any of the above reasons), contact eHarmony customer service for assistance.