San Diego County Clerk & Property Records

Search through San Diego County property and land records to uncover information from dozens of databases. Use the resources provided below to get more information on deed records, appraiser & assessor data that may be available at the county clerk or recorder’s office.


San Diego County is the 3rd largest county by population in California with 23,757,126 people. There are an estimated 1,187,644 residential properties in the county: nearly 92.9% are occupied and the remaining 7.1% are vacant. This 93% of residential properties accommodates over 1,103,128 households. Of the occupied units, 581,635 units or 49% are owner-occupied and 43.9% are renter-occupied. To get more detailed information about a specific property in San Diego County, search an address below and uncover owner details, property tax records, current and previous residents, deed information and much more.

Property Owner Search

Enter an address to begin your search:

Our property owner lookup tool searches through billions of property records and dozens of databases

Public Records by City

More on San Diego County Properties & Land Records


51.3% of the residential properties are 1 unit detached structures. Nearly 10.9% (or 129,408) properties were built between 1950 to 1959. Most houses in San Diego County are 2 bedroom units. 30.4% of people (owners or renters) moved into their current home between 2000 and 2009. The median property value of homes in San Diego County is $454,600. Nearly 427,036 or 73.4% of the owner-occupied homes have a mortgage on them and the remaining 26.6% do not. To get additional information on properties in San Diego County, conduct a full property search for a detailed report or visit the resource links provided below.

See resources for property records in other California counties:

San Diego County Property Tax & Assessor Records


Below you will find resources for San Diego County property records. Search for lien and land records or get more information about recorder of deeds and property tax records.