Marin County Clerk & Property Records

Search through Marin County property and land records to uncover information from dozens of databases. Use the resources provided below to get more information on deed records, appraiser & assessor data that may be available at the county clerk or recorder’s office.


Marin County is the 25th largest county by population in California with 1,448,082 people. There are an estimated 112,259 residential properties in the county: nearly 93% are occupied and the remaining 7% are vacant. This 93% of residential properties accommodates over 104,400 households. Of the occupied units, 66,200 units or 59% are owner-occupied and 34% are renter-occupied. To get more detailed information about a specific property in Marin County, search an address below and uncover owner details, property tax records, current and previous residents, deed information and much more.

Property Owner Search

Enter an address to begin your search:

Our property owner lookup tool searches through billions of property records and dozens of databases

Public Records by City

More on Marin County Properties & Land Records


62.7% of the residential properties are 1 unit detached structures. Nearly 18.8% (or 21,108) properties were built between 1950 to 1959. Most houses in Marin County are 3 bedroom units. 30% of people (owners or renters) moved into their current home between 2000 and 2009. The median property value of homes in Marin County is $859,400. Nearly 47,646 or 72% of the owner-occupied homes have a mortgage on them and the remaining 28% do not. To get additional information on properties in Marin County, conduct a full property search for a detailed report or visit the resource links provided below.

See resources for property records in other California counties:

Marin County Property Tax & Assessor Records


Below you will find resources for Marin County property records. Search for lien and land records or get more information about recorder of deeds and property tax records.