Woke up to find your post has gone viral? Congrats! While you’re enjoying the spotlight, you may be tempted to see who shared your Facebook post.
Thanks to Facebook, this is easy to do. Here’s how to see who shared your Facebook post.
How to See Who Shared Your Facebook Post
Whether your post has a million shares or only a few dozen, there are various methods you can use to find who shared your Facebook post. Here’s how.
Check your notifications
Checking your notifications is one of the easiest ways to see if something you posted recently was shared. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Log in to your Facebook account via desktop or the mobile app.
- Click the bell icon on the right-hand side of the screen.
Check the original post
Another easy way to see who has shared your Facebook post is to view the post itself.
- Open your Facebook profile.
- Find the post you want to view.
- Below the post, you will see likes and shares. It will say something like “# shares.”
- Click on the shares and you will get a list of people who have shared your post.
Check from your Timeline
Another easy way to see who shared your Facebook post is by visiting your timeline.
- Open your Facebook profile by clicking on your profile name.
- In this section, you will find a list of all your posts in reverse chronological order. This means the latest post will appear first.
- Scroll to the post you want to view.
- Look at the “Shares” below the post as outlined in the previous section.
- Click on the “Shares” to see the names of people who have shared your Facebook post.
Look at older posts
If you want to see who shared your older Facebook posts, you can follow similar steps after searching the post. Let’s make it simple.
- Click on the search bar at the top of the Facebook page.
- Enter some keywords related to your post.
- Click on “Posts” on the left-hand side of the results page.
- Select “Posts from” from the options available.
- Select “You” from the drop-down menu.
- his will display all the posts by you related to the keyword you searched.
- Now open the post you want to view.
- Click on “Shares” at the bottom of the post and see the list of people who have shared this older Facebook post.
How to see who shared Facebook posts other than your own
To find out who shared someone else’s Facebook post, follow the same steps.
- Open the profile of the person or the account who initially posted the post you want to see.
- Scroll through their feed or search the post via the search bar to find the post.
- Open the post and look at “Shares” at the bottom of the post.
- Click on “Shares” to get a list of people who have shared that post.